Friday, July 8, 2016

Guest designing for Stamplorations blog - July

Hi...

It really makes me happy to be guest designing for STAMPloartions. 
Because it was the first bigger platform i got. Here I am again to share a card with you all.



July month's challenge theme is Stamps and stars.  
You can use the theme or the sketch or both, choice is yours. So sky is the limit for your imaginations and creations. Do play along with the challenge.



Now coming to my card

I have never used digital stamps until my first post to Stamplorations , back in March. (card#1 and card#2 )
I was so tensed as i didnt know how to use them so I played safe by using image and sentiment separate. This time thought will try to combine both. Pretty happy with my decision.

I am using both theme and sketch for the card.
I took printout of the image and sentiment on a copic friendly CS and coloured the flower. I highlighted the sentiment and image with light blue copic.
Used avery elle banner die to cut the image partially.

Then i made the night sky background for the card. Used distress inks and heat embossed few stars with white embossing powder.

I applied light touches of blue ink around the sky panel to give it smooth transition . Then mounted sky panel on card base with foam tape and the coloured panel on sky panel. 

Thats pretty much my card.


_______________________

Supplies

Copics - Y00, Y13, Y18, G40, G43, B01

Distress inks - Wornlipstick, Dusty concoed, Mustard seed, Chipped sappire, Black soot

Ranger white embossing powder

Avery elle - Dotted banner die

_______________________


Hope you liked my card..

Really appreciate your time and suggestions..

Thank you..

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous background Swapna!! So glad to have you as our GD at STAMPlorations this month! :)
    Suchix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your GD post Swapna ! Lovely card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous galaxy background Swapna and a great interpretation of the sketch. So pleased to have you guesting this month. :)

    ReplyDelete